Taxi service covering Biggleswade and Sandy railway and bus stations. We offer a reliable service at realistic prices, to and from these stations. No surcharge on Sundays.
Biggleswade station was originally built in 1850 for the Great Northern railway. This made Biggleswade the first town in Bedfordshire to have a mainline railway station. The original station consisted of two lines but was rebuilt in 1901 to allow the present four line arrangement to be built.
Biggleswade has two large platforms and four main rail lines, a pair of "up and down" slow lines used by stopping services and a pair of "up and down" fast lines used by fast InterCity East Coast passing through at high speed and Great Northern services at peak times running non-stop to/from London. A fifth line extends off the "down" slow line which links into the remaining sidings used by the Plasmor block company.
The station's platforms have been lengthened so that they can cope with 12 car trains, which are now serving the station. The station currently has four 12-car services in the morning and two in the evening. Larger numbers of 12-car services will serve the station following the completion of the Thameslink Programme.